My advisory work for dance follows the basic principle of working with the individual teacher to meet their specific requirements, developing their confidence and competence in planning, delivery and assessment of dance.
This is what I do and provide:
Initial discussion to discover what the teacher requires in the form of support and to find out about the class
- High quality delivery of a dance lesson to children from Early Years-KS 4
- Detailed individual lesson plans emailed to class teacher prior to the lesson so that notes can be made or added to during the lesson, see Schemes of Work for more details
- Individual PowerPoint presentation provided for each lesson (which can be edited by the teacher)
- Email and telephone support for the class teacher (ongoing)
- A list of suggested music that I have used.
Below are two examples of how my Advisory work can be implemented. Each advisory model is bespoke for an individual teacher. This can be decided from the start, or on a weekly basis and the length of time for the models can be flexible.
I have found that the majority of teachers that I am working with are opting for me to teach all the lessons with themselves observing, making notes, filming the delivery and joining in (Model 1).
[table id=1 /]
NB Please note that all my Schemes of work, detailed lesson plans and PowerPoint presentations are copyrighted and are only to be used solely by the school that has purchased the advisory work package. Individual teachers do not have ownership and therefore are unable to transfer them if they move to a different school.